Notesy 2.2 Release Notes
Notesy now takes advantage of the iPhone 5's full screen.
We've implemented a few URL schemes for Notesy in the past six months. It wasn't until we settled on the x-callback-url protocol that we were comfortable releasing it into the wild. Our earlier versions did not give us the flexibility to enhance Notesy's URL support in future releases. We think you will find this URL scheme for Notesy to be very useful.
Most of the actions involve opening a note, or adding text to a new or previously existing note. But we also have an action which allows you to use Notesy as a service for other apps. And we have ideas for other actions which Notesy may provide in future releases too. If you have ideas for actions which will benefit you, please let us know and we'll consider it as well. We believe that the protocol we settled on will allow us to add more features to the URL scheme for Notesy in the future.
Some of the things you can do with the URL scheme include:
- open an existing note (use open action)
- open to a folder (use open action)
- create a new note (use append action)
- append text to an existing note (use append action)
- open Notesy to its previous state (use restore action)
- convert Markdown text to HTML (use render-markdown action)
- send rendered Markdown to another application (use render-markdown action with x-success parameter)
- have Notesy open another application after using the append or render-markdown actions
We updated the Markdown library once again. This time, in addition to bug fixes, we also enabled the table rendering plugin. The default CSS template has also been updated to provide some style for these tables.
Markdown syntax entered like this (pretty version):
| Left Align | Right Align | Center Align | |:-----------|------------:|:------------:| | This | This | This | | column | column | column | | will | will | will | | be | be | be | | left | right | center | | aligned | aligned | aligned |
or like this (ugly version):
| Left Align | Right Align | Center Align |:---|---:|:---:| | This | This | This | column | column | column | will | will | will | be | be | be | left | right | center | aligned | aligned | aligned
will look like this when rendered: