Notesy 1.3 Release Notes
After a lot of effort, and some great feedback from my fantastic beta testers, Notesy 1.3 is now in Apple's hands. This is the biggest update yet in Notesy's short existence and I can't wait for it to get out there so people can start using it.
- Choose the font and point size for both variable-width and fixed-width font settings.
- Choose from a much improved paper texture background for your notes or from an array of colors.
- Choose the text color for your notes too.
- Choose between the "Cardboard" theme and iOS-default for the list of notes.
- Choose between black and the iOS-default blue/gray interfaces.
- Choose how many lines of each note's body you wish to see in the list of notes.
- Choose how you want the list of notes to be sorted.
Quickly bring up stats about your note, including word and paragraph counts. Dropbox only provides a single timestamp for each note, so for notes not created in Notesy, Notesy sets the creation date to when it first downloads the note.
Dropbox Folder Option
Choose the folder on Dropbox that you want to keep your notes in. Change whenever you like and take a copy of your current notes with you when you change folders, or not - it's your choice. Now you can share a Dropbox account with others but keep your notes separate.
Use your snippets in note titles and bodies.
- Settings completely revamped.
- UI cleaned up and polished.
- Performance improvements for the list view.
- Moved note unarchiving to the background to cope with large numbers of notes on startup.
- Portrait lock option.
- Untitled notes now derive their initial title from the first line of the note. [Thanks to Edwin Catmull for the great suggestion.]
- Tapping the note's timestamp begins editing at the bottom of the note: a real time-saver for quickly appending to long notes. [Thanks to Edwin Catmull for the great suggestion.]
- We hope you don't need it but there's also built-in debugging support; if you're able to make Notesy do something bad repeatedly, you can turn on debug from the Help section in Settings, repeat the badness then go back to Help and send an email to Notesy Support (hey, that's me!) that will include that debug.